Director of the
Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences
announces the availability of
in the multidisciplinary
Computational Biology Lab
Applications are accepted not later than 2020-06-12 and should be marked “CB opening PhD stipend”. Notification of results of the competition: 2020-06-19. Selected candidates will be invited for individual interview via Skype.
Starting date: from 2020-07-01, or by agreement on another date.
The advertised position is financed by a grant from the National Science Centre under the 3rd “Symfonia” program, awarded for the project “An atlas of brain regulatory regions and regulatory networks - a novel systems biology approach to pathogenesis of selected neurological disorders”. The aim of this project is to develop methods to integrate, analyze and interpret complex genomic and transcriptomic data in the area of glioblastomas. More information on the project can be obtained here http://zbo.ipipan.waw.pl/projects.html.
Due to the multidisciplinary character of research conducted in the Lab in general, there are welcome persons having some experience in one (or more) of such domains: statistics, machine learning, data processing and analysis as well as biology, chemistry and physics.
Qualifications requested and eligibility:
- is a 2nd degree student / student for at least 4 years / has a master's degree in computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics or related fields
- knowledge and experience in data analysis using statistical methods and machine learning algorithms,
- high programming skills in R or Python,
- the candidate should have good communication skills and excellent study merits, and good skills in oral and written English.
The following specific qualifications are welcome but not required:
- knowledge in area of molecular biology, genetics in particular,
- high programming skills in lower level languages e.g. C/C++/Java,
- deep learning experience.
Application: In order to apply, contact:
- dr inż. Michał Dramiński (email@example.com)
- as well as institute administration (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The applicant should include his/her:
- Scientific Curriculum Vitae (CV),
- a list of publications and conference contributions (including type of contribution),
- a list of conferences that the candidate participated, together with a short description (the title, co-authors, oral/poster) etc .
Please insert the following statement:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment in the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences.