Director of the
Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
in the Department of Artificial Intelligence
Candidates to the above position should meet the following conditions:
- having the academic degree of M.Sc. in in mathematics, computer science or physics;
- knowledge of machine learning, statistics, numerical methods and optimization;
- programming skills;
- cognitive curiosity and the desire to solve problems;
- fluent knowledge of English.
Welcome knowledge of statistical inference problems in multidimensional regression problems.
Applications should include:
- application for the job (motivation letter)1,
- professional CV,
- list of publications and copies of at most 5 scientific publications, if the individual candidate has already published some work,
- certified copy of a document confirming the M.Sc. degree of the candidate or equivalent,
- declaration of the candidate's acceptance of the competition conditions in force in ICS PAS,
- declaration of the candidate's acceptance, that in case of success, he agrees to be included in the number of persons employed in the ICS PAS taken into account in the proposals for funds to maintain research capacity in 2019 (in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education Dz. U. No 218, Item.1438, 2010; No 130, Item.753, 2011; No 93, Item.532, 2012).
- recommendation letters,
The documents should be submitted to the secretary of the ICS PAS in Warsaw, ul. Jana Kazimierza 5, room 105 or by e-mail in the pdf files to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title „Competition for Research Assistant in the DAI”.
Document submission deadline: by December 11, 2017.
Zgłoszenia będą rozpatrywane przez Komisję konkursową powołaną przez Dyrektora Instytutu Podstaw Informatyki PAN. Komisja może zaprosić kandydata na rozmowę kwalifikacyjną.
Competition results will appear by December 22, 2017.
Prof. dr hab. inż. Jacek Koronacki
Instytutu Podstaw Informatyki PAN
1Please include the following clause: „I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data for the purposes necessary for the recruitment process pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 ( Dz.U. z 2016 r. poz. 922 z późn. zm.)”