Director of the
Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
in the Department of Artificial Intelligence
Persons eligible for the competition are those who meet the terms specified in the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences (Dz. U. (Polish Journal of Laws), 2019, Item. 1183).
Candidates to the above position should meet the following conditions:
- having the academic degree of M.Sc. in in mathematics, computer science or physics;
- knowledge of machine learning, mathematical and computational statistics, numerical methods and optimization;
- programming skills;
- cognitive curiosity and the desire to solve problems;
- fluent knowledge of English.
Welcome knowledge of fundamentals of information theory and inference methods in multidimensional regression problems is a plus.
Applications should include:
- application for the job (motivation letter)1,
- professional CV,
- list of publications and copies of at most 5 scientific publications, if the individual candidate has already published some work,
- certified copy of a document confirming the M.Sc. degree of the candidate or equivalent,
- declaration of the candidate's acceptance of the competition conditions in force in ICS PAS,
- declaration of the candidate's acceptance, that in case of success, he will submit a statement on conducting scientific activity in the ICS PAS discipline in the field of information and communication technology and submits a statement authorizing ICS PAS to include him in the number of employees conducting scientific research in the field of information and communication technology, for evaluating the quality of business Scientific (pursuant to Article 265 (4) and Article 265 (5) of the Act of 30 August 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science, Journal of Laws 2018, item 1668, as amended as amended).
- recommendation letters,
The documents should be submitted to the secretary of the ICS PAS in Warsaw, ul. Jana Kazimierza 5, room 105 or by e-mail in the pdf files to the address: email@example.com with the title „Competition for Research Assistant in the DAI”.
Document submission deadline: by October 3, 2019.
Applications will be considered by Competition Board appointed by the Director of ICS PAS.
Competition results will appear by October 11, 2019.
Prof. dr hab. inż. Wojciech Penczek
Instytutu Podstaw Informatyki PAN
1Please include the following clause: „I consent to the processing of my personal data for the purposes of the recruitment process at the Institute of Computer Science Polish Academy of Sciences”.