Director of the
Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences
announces the availability of
Postdoctoral researcher position
available in the HOMADOS project
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher position in the HOMADOS project (homados.ipipan.waw.pl), aiming to develop methods and tools for managing credibility of web content, including detecting deceptive content (e.g. fake news) and recommending reliable sources. The researcher will work at the Linguistic Engineering Group at the Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences (IPI PAN) in Warsaw, Poland.
The position is funded for 3 years through the grant PPN/PPO/2018/1/00006 within the Polish Returns programme of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange.
- PhD in computer science, statistics, computational linguistics or related disciplines,
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English,
- Research experience, demonstrated by publications at international conferences or academic journals, in at least one of the two relevant areas:
- applied machine learning (ML), esp. feature selection, high-dimensional data analysis, clustering or deep learning,
- natural language processing (NLP), esp. document classification, sentiment analysis, named entity recognition, information retrieval.
- Good programming skills in a major programming language (e.g. Java, Python) and/or scripting language (e.g. R, Python, Matlab) are essential.
The researcher will be responsible for performing research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) in the area of designing and applying NLP and ML methods to the problem of credibility of web content. This includes designing new methods, implementing them, performing experiments, writing publications, presenting the work at international conferences and applying for research grants. They will be required to both realise such tasks outlined in the project plan and take the initiative, independently coming up with novel solutions to the challenges of the domain. They will also be ready to take up other academic and outreach activities that could broaden the impact of the project, should an opportunity arise.
Full-time assistant professor (adiunkt) at IPI PAN.
Gross salary of around 12,000 PLN per month.
- CV, including a list of publications,
- cover letter (in English),
- copies of three most relevant publications.
The applications should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01.03.2019. In the second step of the process some of the candidates will be invited for an interview (in English).
Expected employment period
All questions regarding the position should be directed to the PI of the project, Piotr Przybyła (email@example.com).
Prof. dr hab. inż. Jacek Koronacki
Director of the Institute of Computer Science, PAS